Commentary from Skipp Porteous

Monday, April 14, 2008

Fedex/Kinkos Sucks

In February I brought a job to Fedex/Kinkos on West 72nd Street in New York. It was a simple job, just stationery and envelopes. It was "camera ready." All they had to do was print it. Simple.
Most print shops would have the job done in a day or so.

Two weeks later I still didn't have my order. After I pressured them, I finally received my order after 3 weeks. However, it wasn't right. I ordered, and paid for, raised type on the stationery and envelopes. This is very common and simple.

As I desperately needed the stationery for a project we were working on for my company, Sherlock Investigations, I didn't return it, but I did complain to the assistant manager. He said that he would have it done over, but since I wasn't returning the original order, he couldn't offer a refund.

It's good that I didn't return the job and get my refund. Three weeks letter they gave me the re-done job, six weeks after I gave them the original job.

I emailed Fedex/Kinkos' customer service three times. They just made empty promises.

About a year or so ago, Fedex bought Kinkos. Fedex used to have a real nice place just down the block on 72nd Street. It was neat and efficient. When they merged, they moved Fedex down the street to Kinkos. Now it is messy and disorderly. You hardly want to go in there.

We'll never use Kinkos again. (This week we had a job to print 1,000 flyers on a color laser copier. The job went to another company downtown.) I'm also seriously thinking of canceling my account at Fedex and using DHL or UPS.

2 Comments:

  • Skipp:
    You have to try Mimeo.com, it is an amazing service and you will not be dissapointed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 AM  

  • never use mimeo.. they charged people crazy prices and now just started dropping them to save business.. they are letting go of lots of people. They also had no revenue growth in 2008 for the first time ever.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home