Commentary from Skipp Porteous

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Nothing to Say

In our office we usually have CNN on during the day. It seems funny to me that they always have "news," even when there is no news. In the afternoon, Wolf Blitzer (I love that name.) comes on. He always sounds like some national disaster is happening.

Every night, ABC, CBS, NBC (in alphabetical order) has their 6:30 p.m. news (It might be at a different time for Central, Mountain, and Pacific). Whether or not they've got any new news is not the point. The advertisers expect a newscast. So, they do it.

I think that they sometimes make up news. They'll run the same old video clips time and time again. They should just say, "There's no news tonight," and run Laurel and Hardy or something.

Of course, this is why I'm writing this blog tonight. I have absolutely nothing worthwhile to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home