Commentary from Skipp Porteous

Monday, August 18, 2008

Rick Warren's New Image

When The Purpose Driven Life first came out I saw pictures in the media of its author, Rick Warren. When I saw him on CNN last Saturday night with Barack Obama and John McCain, he didn't look as I remembered him.

Three things had changed. One hadn't. Warren is still fat. Now, his hair is fuller, almost as if he wears a toupee.  I don't know what he did, but he does look better. He also apparently wears contacts now. In the old photos he always wore glasses.

Warren also did what a lot of heavy men eventually do, he grew a goatee. As he continues to improve his appearance, he should work on slimming down. Warren's lifestyle is very comfortable since writing a best seller, and pastoring a mega-church.

A comfortable life-style can be dangerous to one's health. I know. About eight years ago I lost 60 pounds, and have kept it off. My weight gain was very gradual. It came as a result of being too comfortable in life.

I hope Rick Warren gets off his duff and slims down a bit. It would certainly help his image, an image he truly seems to be concerned about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home