Commentary from Skipp Porteous

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Andy Rooney

Recently, Don Hewitt, creator and director of "60 Minutes," died.

I watched a special on public TV on the man. It was great. The following week "60 Minutes" excerpted parts of the program. Hewitt was an amazing man, and he loved what he did.

At one point, Hewitt mentioned that he had 25 reporters, and only 5 get to be on TV. Actually, only three of the five get to be on "60 Minutes" every week.

However, curmudgeon Andy Rooney is on the show every week. I don't know why. His comments are usually inane. He complains about everything (and here I am complaining about Andy Rooney). I have no idea why he's on every week, or on at all.

I figure Andy Rooney must have a lifetime contract with CBS. Maybe he was better in the beginning. He'll probably not retire. The only way around it is to change the channel when Andy comes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home