Commentary from Skipp Porteous

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Takeaway...Takeaway Gov. Palin

I'm writing about two different subjects, as they keep melding in my mind. First, The Takeaway. The way I figure, WNYC budgeted for The Takeaway for a year. That's why the radio program hasn't folded yet.

My clock radio automatically goes on a 5 a.m. At six, it's The Takeaway. Hopefully, I'm in the shower at the time. Of course, I can't stay in the shower for an hour, so, unfortunately, I have to hear some of the awful show.

They always say, "It's The Takeaway, heard all over America." So what, NPR is too, and on a lot more stations.

What I can't figure out is that the show wastes so much time with friendly bantering and silly things, but every time they have an interesting guest, they cut the guest off, saying, "We're running out of time."

What the hell. They should stop wasting time on the program, and get quality, in-depth interviews from their guests.

As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing worth taking away from The Takeaway. After the New York Times started adding The Takeaway at the end of a lot of their articles, at least online, I finally figured out the meaning of The Takeaway. You're supposed to take away something. But, there's nothing to take away. By the way, the New York Times is part of The Takeaway.

Now, my focus on Gov. Palin. In a week, she'll be taken away. The thing to fear, though, is she'll be back.

Something I've never seen in the media is something that I've observed about Palin's glasses. I've looked closely, and they don't seem to magnify. I think she wears the glasses for looks only. She does have nice eyes, and the glasses appropriately frame them. I think that's why she wears them. But I think they're plain glass, not prescription lenses.

I also don't like the way she uses her baby with Down Syndrome. Often, she carries the child on the stage, and then hands him off to someone. She should leave him home, like her other children.

Concerning her unmarried, pregnant daughter, some people are predicting that the guy who got her pregnant won't marry her unless McCain-Palin win the election. We'll see.

In any case, we'll hear from Palin again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home