Commentary from Skipp Porteous

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gmail

I love Google. Everything they do is right. Google Earth, Google Maps, Google Street View, are all fantastic. This blog, and my Sherlock Case Files, is powered by Google.

For several years we've used Gmail, both for my business, Sherlock Investigations, and my personal email. Today, Gmail went down for at least 5 hours. All the while it was down, I looked for some news about the problem, but there was none. Even now, about 5 hours after Gmail went down, there is no news.

The only way I could use email is on my iPhone. I call it my iQphone, because it's so smart. Even my Safari browser on my Macbook couldn't use Gmail. My iPhone and my Macbook both use the Safari browser, so I don't understand that. We couldn't use Gmail from Internet Explorer or Firefox either, just my iPhone.

I like Gmail, but Google is going to have a lot of problems. It already has. Today, I read that the City of Los Angeles is thinking about officially going to Gmail. Not after today, I would guess.

In September, Gmail went down for several hours too. Google has a lot of enemies. Perhaps they're to blame.

I'm not ready to give up Gmail yet, but.....

3 Comments:

  • Dear Author www.skippporteous.com !
    I confirm. And I have faced it. Let's discuss this question. Here or in PM.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:35 PM  

  • I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
    And you et an account on Twitter?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

  • Sure. It's a free country.
    My Twitter account is Number1PI
    Check us out.

    By Blogger Harriette, at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home