Commentary from Skipp Porteous

Monday, November 23, 2009

The Jury is Out on Twitter

Oprah claims that she Tweets. I seriously doubt if she has the time.

Speaking of time, I don't know if Twitter is a waste of time. Ten days ago I had (I have no idea why.) I had 82 people following me on Twitter. Since then, I've been working my ass off on Twitter. I spend an inordinate amount of time on Twitter. As of tonight, I have now have 120 people following me. By "following me," they follow (supposedly) everything I Tweet (or post on the Twitter site).

Of course, I intend to get some business out of it. I'm optimistic. Always. I've learned to "tweet" things that will interest a wide audience. Once in a while, I post something that will interest a lot of people, but it's pure advertising.

So far, I haven't gotten any business from Twitter, but, as I said, I'm optimistic.

Some people post the most inane things on Twitter. I think Twitter is to blame. On the 140 letters that you can post on Twitter, they originally said something like, "What are you doing now?" I posted something stupid like "I'm looking at Twitter." That is not as stupid as some of the posts, if you can figure them out.

About a week ago, they changed the label to "What's happening?" That phrase sounds like something from the 60s. Are the guys who run Twitter 70 years old?

I don't know if Twitter will make it or not. I kind of doubt it. On Twitter, there's a lot of inane trash, ads, and spam.

If I get some jobs out of Twitter, even just one, I'll write about it here (Not revealing essential info about the client, of course.)

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:15 PM  

  • I publish comments that don't agree with me, but commercial comments I delete.

    By Blogger Skipp Porteous, at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home