Commentary from Skipp Porteous

Thursday, February 11, 2010

2012 on Twitter

I'm up to 360 followers on Twitter. And I'm following over 500 people. The only problem is that I got thousands of Tweets a day. Unless someone sits in front of his computer all day long, there's no way you could read that many Tweets, or want too.I probably read a 100 Tweets a day.

Promoting a business on Twitter is like advertising on the radio. Most of the population is never going to hear your ad. The only way is to do many Tweets. The danger of that is that people may unfollow you.

Some people Tweet five or six at a time. Some have automated accounts where they Tweet every hour or more. You get the same Tweets all the time from these people. I unfollowed a person who said all the time "Why won't they tell us what's happening in 2012?" She was promoting a conspiracy book.

A couple of people have asked me questions on Twitter, and many have retweeted me. I've always had some interesting exchages with people. I found out from Craig Newmark, who started Craigslist, that I have ACS (attempted comedy syndrome). I didn't know that before, but I suspected. I understand that there's no cure for ACS, but at least it's no fatal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home